Edamame, bacon and mint salad


 (Photo of edamame beans that I had at an izakaya in Japan last year)

Edamame beans are something that I always order when I go to a Japanese restaurant. It’s a tasty appetiser and a perfect accompaniment to beer. I enjoy squeezing the beans out of the pod to eat them.

I thought edamame beans only existed in Japanese restaurants, that the only way I could consume them was at a Japanese restaurant.

But then one day I found out that I can get them in frozen form and I could enjoy edamame beans in the comfort of my own home, whenever I wanted. 

Here’s the story about how I discovered the existence of frozen edamame beans.

In October I went to ‘Cinema in a Cave’ at McNess Studios (an artist run studio and project space located in a repurposed building at 8 Pier Street in the city). Cinema in a Cave is a monthly microcinema, screening rare and underappreciated films from around the world organised by Kenta. This was the last Cinema in a Cave session for the year and the movie been shown was The Taste of Tea.

The Taste of Tea takes you on a journey into the lives of the Haruno family – a young girl that sees a giant double of herself everywhere, a teenage boy facing girl and puberty troubles, not your average housewife who works on animated film projects, hypnotist husband, an uncle who is a music producer and trying to find meaning in life, and kooky grandfather – yes, this film has it all! It’s a surreal, funny, imaginative and touching movie. I loved the way that it captured the eccentricities of human behavior.  

Check out the trailor – doesn’t it make you smile?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel